All Florida Podiatric Physician licensees who seek to renew the active status of their licensure must demonstrate that they have completed, during the previous two years (i.e., biennium), at least forty (40) hours of continuing education, including the following categories:
- At least one (1) of the forty (40) hours must concern the topic of Risk Management.
- At least one (1) of the forty (40) hours must be on the subject of Laws and Rules.
- At least two (2) of the forty (40) hours must be on the subject of prevention of Medical Errors.
- While not required, licensees may complete up to three (3) hours of continuing education per biennium in the area of Practice Management.
- The remainder of the hours can be made up of Scientific hours.
- To ensure you receive your license renewal notification from the Florida Department of Health, your current mailing address must be on file.
- Failure to renew an active or inactive license by the expiration date will result in the license being placed in delinquent status.
- Failure by a delinquent licensee to renew before the expiration of the current licensure cycle renders the license null and void without any further action by the board or the department.